Our purpose is to create a happy, secure learning environment in which everyone can achieve.
We strive to develop the whole child by:
• Nurturing talent
• Developing a love for learning
• Promoting mutual respect
• Encouraging a sense of responsibility for our world
We aim to do this by developing a happy supportive and hardworking community, where everyone is valued, and learning and achievement is fun.
- To provide a creative and enriched curriculum relevant to the individual needs of our children and informed by national guidelines.
- To provide a wide range of support and appropriate challenges enabling all children to reach their full potential.
- To nurture the children’s creative talents across the curriculum
- To ensure that children have equal opportunities, regardless of gender, creed, race or ethnicity
- To foster and promote the development of children’s spiritual, moral, cultural and social awareness
- To work as a team to celebrate and support achievement taking due consideration of the views of those involved in the life of the school.
- To create an environment where each member of the school community shows respect for others and is valued as an individual.
- To develop positive self esteem and self confidence raising aspirations for the future
- To foster good relationships with Governors, parents, support services and the community, keeping them informed and involved as partners in the education process.
- To evaluate our professional practice to create a firm foundation for life long learning.
Our Code of Conduct
- Respect each other
- Be polite and well mannered
- Respect your own, the school’s and each others property
- Do as you are asked first time
- Move about the school in a calm manner.
We encourage all our pupils to acknowledge and practice the school code of conduct, and expect all parents to support this code.
At The Meadows, we use the principles of Restorative Practice. This approach focuses on positive approaches to managing behaviours.