We enjoy working together at The Meadows! In our role as school councillors, we represent our classes and talk together about how to make our school the best that it can be.
We meet each week and then take questions and ideas back to our classes. This term, we have:
- supported the charity 'Help for Heroes' by planning fundraising activities
- helped children to develop confidence in reading during 'Read with me' sessions
- shared our ideas and questions about the best ways to learn together
- designed and shared posters within school to advertise important events
- represented our classes and set good examples for others to follow.
Our School Council!
We have recently elected our new school councillors this term. The team answers questions, thinks of new ideas and helps the teachers. The Council will also be involved in raising money for the school and making plans for the future.
In our classes at the beginning of the year, we talk about ways in which we can help each other. After presenting our ideas, we elect one person to be our representative on the School Council.