The study of Physical Education inspires pupils to succeed and excel in both competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. Physical activity not only improves health, reduces stress and improves concentration, but also promotes correct physical growth and development. Exercise has a positive influence on academic achievement, emotional stability and interaction with others. Therefore, both teachers and children should be aware of its importance.
|Sport at The Meadows Newsletter - Dec 19||[pdf 674KB]|
We provide the broad and balanced programme of physical education we believe every child should have; with activities designed to be enjoyable, vigorous, purposeful and regular. Through providing positive experiences, a lifelong interest in physical activity is encouraged. The range of physical activities is wide and includes athletics, dance, games, gymnastics, swimming and outdoor education. A high quality programme is designed to satisfy the needs, abilities and interests of all individual children.
We are so proud of the achievements of #TeamMeadows this year!
Staff, children and parents have worked so hard together to promote positive attitudes, determination and a desire to succeed. Children enjoy practising skills during sports and PE sessions, and enriching these further during after-school clubs.
We are very proud of our children's sporting achievements. Football, hockey and netball teams compete regularly and we celebrate their accomplishments during celebration assemblies each Friday. Children are also encouraged to bring their out-of-school trophies, awards and certificates into school to share on these occasions.
School Games Gold Mark 2018-19
We are delighted to announce that we have achieved the School Games God Mark Award for the 2018-19 academic year.
The School Games Mark is a government-led awards scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across the school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Our most recent sporting achievements to date include:
- Lincoln South Primary Football League - WINNERS
- Lincoln City Half-Time Cup competition - WINNERS
- Y4/5 Premier League Primary Stars - SEMI-FINALISTS
- Lincoln Primary Football Vision Shield - SEMI-FINALISTS
- Lincoln South Y5 Indoor Athletics competition - WINNERS
- Lincoln South Y5/6 Hockey competition - WINNERS
- Lincoln High-5 Netball competition - WINNERS
- Lincoln High-5 Netball League - WINNERS
- School Tournament Champions - January 2018
- Y3/4 Football League champions for 5th consecutive year
- Represented The Meadows at 4 football tournaments during 2018
- Lincoln Netball Tournament champions - Autumn 2018
- Finished in 3rd place - Lincoln Netball League 2018
- Y6 Lincoln cricket runners-up 2018
- Winners of Lincoln Tournament 2018
- Finished 3rd in Lincolnshire School Games - June 2018
- Winners of Lincoln Tournament 2018
- Represented Lincoln at the Lincolnshire School Games - June 2018
- Winners of Lincoln Tournament 2018.
We are very proud of all our teams and clubs. This term, some of our Year 5 and Year 6 footballers had the opportunity to travel to Bolton to represent Lincoln City and play in the EFL Cup against teams from Mansfield Town, Notts County, Morecambe, Tranmere Rovers and Grimsby Town. Well done, Team Meadows! You represented our school, and our city, so well!
At The Meadows, we continue to use our sports funding in order to provide a range of exciting activities and experiences for our children. Please click on the link below to find out more about the way in which this funding has been allocated.
At The Meadows Primary, the funding has been spent to support our 3 main Physical Education and School Sport yearly objectives:
- To improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision across the school
- To increase participation in PE and school sport
- To allow children to access pathways into a physically active lifestyle outside of school
|Sports funding - overview||[pdf 206KB]|