Years 3/4 - Our Spring 2019 Big Picture question:
Can small actions make a big difference?
Welcome to our Years 3 and 4 classes! Our class names are Beetles (Y3), Grasshoppers (Y3), Ants (Y4) and Dragonflies (Y4). Our learning always starts with a big question. We are planning some interesting, memorable experiences to enhance our learning. We will conclude our term with a 'Big Picture' sharing event, and this is an opportunity to share our learning with an audience.
Spring is our 'Explore' term! Geographical knowledge and skills are our starting points, and other subjects link to our theme wherever possible. We use Knowledge Organisers to show specific vocabulary and information that children will learn during the term.
- Year 3 reading list [pdf 465KB]
- Year 4 reading list [pdf 318KB]
- Year 3 4 reading workshop [ppt 6MB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 3 - Autumn 1 [pdf 357KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 4 - Autumn 1 [pdf 393KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 3 - Spring [pdf 359KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 4 - Spring [pdf 300KB]
- Y4 Medium-Term Plans - Spring 1 2019 [pdf 524KB]
- Y3 Medium-Term Plans - Spring 2019 [pdf 524KB]
Memorable experiences and authentic outcomes
Working with Visit Lincoln
Our learning about transport involved a focus on our amazing city, and some of our school councillors visited attractions to find out more about them. Members of the Visit Lincoln team came to speak to us about promoting Lincoln, and set us a challenge of producing brochures to advertise places of interest. For our final exhibition, we invited people from our city to review them and give their feedback. This included guests from Multisport Pro and the New Theatre Royal. We are very proud of the finished outcomes!