Years 5/6 - Our Spring 2019 Big Picture question:
What is the American Dream? (What does it mean to dream?)
Welcome to Years 5 and 6! Our class names are Robins (Y5), Woodpeckers (Y5), Owls (Y6) and Magpies (Y6). Our learning always starts with a big question. We are planning some interesting memorable experiences and we will conclude our term with an opportunity to share our learning with an audience.
Spring is our 'Explore' term. Geographical knowledge and understanding are our starting points, and other subjects link to our theme wherever possible. Our Knowledge Organisers provide specific curriculum content and vocabulary that will be learned by children.
- Year 5 reading list [pdf 676KB]
- Year 6 reading list [pdf 652KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 5 - Autumn 1 [pdf 217KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 6 - Autumn 1 [pdf 216KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 6 - Spring [pdf 189KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 5 - Spring [pdf 336KB]
- Y5 and Y6 Medium-Term Plans - Spring 1 2019 [pdf 899KB]
Memorable experiences and authentic outcomes
Working with Scholastic and Waterstones
We have written our very own book based on our learning about The Romans this term, which has been published. We enjoyed a very special launch evening at Waterstones Lincoln, where a panel of visitors critiqued out work. They included guests from Lincoln City Football Club and Bishop Grosseteste University. Our parents families and teachers are very proud of us!