Years 1/2 - Our Spring 2019 Big Picture question:
Where will your ticket take you?
Welcome to Years 1 and 2! Our class names are Mice (Y1), Foxes (Y1), Deer (Y2) and Badgers (Y2). Our learning always starts with a big question.
Spring is our 'Explore' term. Geographical knowledge and skills are our starting points, and other subjects link to our theme wherever possible. We use Knowledge Organisers to give an overview of the specific curriculum content children will cover this term.
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 1 - Autumn 1 [pdf 571KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 2 - Autumn 1 [pdf 396KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 1 - Spring [pdf 532KB]
- Knowledge Organiser - Year 2 - Spring [pdf 490KB]
- Y1 and Y2 Medium-Term Plans - Spring 1 2019 [pdf 575KB]
- Year 1 Reading List [pdf 269KB]
- Year 2 Reading List [pdf 232KB]
Memorable experiences and authentic outcomes
Working with Lincoln Castle
We visited Lincoln Castle to find out just what it would have been like to live and work there. We enjoyed making shields and practising our archery skills. We found that living inside a castle keep was not always a comfortable place to be! However, we did enjoy a banquet in the great hall!
A member of the team who look after Lincoln Castle sent us a video message. She challenged us to use our learning in order to persuade people to visit. When we had completed our tasks, we presented dances, read stories and explained what we had discovered to our expert audience! We hope that she will be able to use some of our amazing ideas!